Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Clean Eating Zucchini Bread

I'm one of those people who is just a walking carb. I love bread. I love it so much. I would marry it if I could walk around with a bagel, hand in hand, and not have people cross the street when they see me, or shield their child's eyes. Anyways, when I am having one of those days when I just need to feed that carb lover in me, I usually reach for something baked and just a tad sweet. This week, I decided zucchini bread would fill that void. 

For this recipe you will need: 
2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup of Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Medium Banana (Mashed)
1 1/2 Cups Zucchini (Grated)
2 Eggs
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup of Sweetener (Agave..Maple Syrup..Honey) I used a combination of Honey and Maple Syrup to fill the 1/3 cup
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbs Chia
1/4 Cup Walnuts
Pinch of Salt

First you're going to mix the: Yogurt, Mashed Banana, Zucchini, Eggs, Vanilla & Sweetener (In my case 1/3 cup of a honey & maple syrup mixture) and mix mix mix until its all incorporated.
 
In another mixing bowl, add your: Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, Chia, Walnuts & Salt and mix again..
 Now you get to mix the two mixes into one mix. Still with me? ;) 
 Now you get to make a choice: 1 big ol' loaf of zucchini bread goodness, or 2 smaller loaves. I made 1 big loaf because...just because I was too tired to find another bread pan HA! Make sure you spray the pan with some non stick cooking spray. 
 Pop this little guy in the oven at 375 Degrees for 50-60 mins. Check it at 50 and if you can put a toothpick in and it comes out clean, you're good to go. 



YUM
 YUM
 YUM

As for nutritional information, per www.myfitnesspal.com, the following was my results. Please note that this is just an estimate. The nutritional value of your meal will vary depending on the ingredients you choose & portions you add. It should be used as a guide and not a definite. Happy eating loves!

                                    Calories           Carbs         Fat       Protein     Sodium      Sugar

Total:1,71631737602,200106
Per Serving:13224351698



No comments:

Post a Comment