Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Clean Eating Shrimp Fried Rice


Let me start this post on a personal note, tomorrow marks four years since the day I married my best friend in the world. A lot of people may say that they are married to their best friend, but we truly were besties before he put a ring on it. When I married my hubbin he brought with him three of the silliest little monsters I am proud to to call my step children. We just celebrated my son's 3rd birthday. October is our month :) The hubbin bought me a Gold's Gym XR45 Home Gym for our anniversary and I could not be more excited. I'm easy to please & a very lucky woman. I love you Charles Henry.

Moving on.......Oh yes! Shrimp Fried Rice! MMMM. I had no motivation to cook this afternoon so I decided to whip up something fast, filling, and an absolute crowd pleaser in our hectic home. 

There are 2 adults and 4 kids here..this recipe made enough for all of us to get our fill, plus enough for the husband to take some to work tomorrow for lunch.

For this recipe you will need:

3-4 Cups Brown Rice Cooked(We only had Jasmine rice..Meh)
3 Cups Raw Medium Shrimp (Peeled)
3 Cups Peas & Diced Carrots (if frozen, heat them up)
3 Eggs (Scrambled)
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
2 Tbs Liquid Aminos (I use Braggs)
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar

Alrighty..After you prepare your rice, you're going to want to heat up your Sesame Oil in a wok or large frying pan over Medium-High heat. While that's warming up, mix your  Liquid Aminos, Minced Garlic and Rice Wine Vinegar together. 

 Here's a random picture of my shrimp before I peeled it. :D Ha!
 Now it's time to check your Sesame Oil. Take a piece of rice and drop it in the pan/wok..did it sizzle? If it did, it's show time. Add the Rice, Shrimp, and veggies to the pan. Stir it up a little to incorporate everything together. 

Once Everything is all mixed up, pour your Liquid Amino mix into the pan & stir, stir, stir for about 5 mins. 
 After about 5 mins, you're going to add your scrambled eggs to the party. Just pour them right on top and keep mixing in the pan for 2-3 more mins. 
 Easy enough right? Serve it up nice & hot!

As for nutritional information, per www.myfitnesspal.com, the following was my results. Please note that this is just an estimate. The nutritional value of your meal will vary depending on the ingredients you choose & portions you add. It should be used as a guide and not a definite. Happy eating loves!

                                     Calories           Carbs        Fat        Protein        Sodium        Sugar
Total:1,788181321736,03721
Per Serving:255265258623



2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious. I can't wait to try this myself. I'm very proud of you girly, this blog is a cool thing you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear! :) I hope it turned out yummy!

    ReplyDelete