Monday, September 30, 2013

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

After running the kids around all day, I completely forgot that I hadn't planned out a dinner. Instead of throwing together a salad and some veggies, I decided to cook up the chicken breasts I conveniently had in the fridge. (My past self knowing my future self would probably neglect my chef duties today.)
Now, I just threw in ingredients that sounded good to us/we had on hand but here it goes:
Ingredients (per chicken breast):
1 Boneless skinless chicken breast (Tenderized to about 1/4 an inch...I don't have one of these newfangled gadgets so I use a ziplock bag and a heavy pan)
1tbs Cream cheese (no it's not clean, but what the hubby wants, the hubby gets)
1-2tbs Mozzarella cheese (see above)
about 1/4 a cup of Spinach (washed & drained well...I squeeze mine between some paper towels to get the extra water out)
some salt and pepper & oregano to taste
1 Roma tomato cut in half
Directions:
I preheated my oven to 375 degrees and got to pounding those breasts. HA!
IMG_2007
Then I spread on my other fillings starting with cream cheese..
IMG_2008
Then the mozzarella and spinach.
IMG_2009
Then I rolled them up and laid them in a baking dish sprayed with some non stick cooking spray (I personally prefer the trader joe's coconut oil)
IMG_2010
Then I repeated the process for the hubbin and cut up two tomatoes so we could each have one..because they looked too good to share!
IMG_2011
I sprinkled the tomatoes with a bit of salt, pepper, and oregano..ahhhh tying in the flavors of the chicken. ;)
IMG_2013
After about 40 minutes I pulled these bad boys out of the oven and made myself a salad on the side and sat down to dinner.
IMG_2014
I'm not a huge fan of cream cheese so I think when I make this again I will probably skip it in mine or at least just spread on a little bit, but the chicken was super juicy and the filling was great ESPECIALLY when I mixed in the tomatoes. MMM. Go try it!

1 comment:

  1. I am making this one right now (minus the cream cheese) thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete