Monday, September 30, 2013

Baked Kale Chips



I needed a quick snack today and wasn't in the mood for anything sweet so I decided to scroll through my pins for snack motivation..and I found one. Kale chips. Now, if you're not familiar with kale, head on over here and drink from the pool of knowledge.
I picked up some kale yesterday so I cut the ribs off, washed and dried it and got out some olive oil and sea salt. (I used olive oil in the place of my normal coconut oil because I..was..out? OK! I couldn't get the jar open!) Like I was saying, I washed & dried the kale..
IMG_1994
I used the whole bunch of kale so I split them up into 2 baking sheets then used 1tbs olive oil per sheet. After sprinkling that on, I tossed on just a little bit of salt since I'm not a huge fan and mixed it all over to make sure every piece of kale got some loving..
IMG_1995
Then into the oven at 275 degrees for 20 minutes (with a flipping at the 10 minute mark)
IMG_1997
So..how did they measure up after 20 minutes had elapsed? They were VERY yummy. crunchy, a little salty, a tiny bit chewy (the pieces that were covered a bit) but man they hit the spot.
IMG_1999
My beautiful step lovies went through a whole baking sheet full of them while they were doing their homework!
IMG_2002
IMG_2006

Everyone loved them..except for the baby..who came running when I asked if he wanted chips...and then ran away when he saw what I was offering yelling "THAT NOT CHIPS THAT SALAD!" Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment