Monday, September 30, 2013

"Green" Smoothie


After waking up from an uninterrupted nights sleep all on my own rather than being slapped awake by a two year old tyrant in diapers, I decided I was going to treat myself to a yummy/fruity/easy breakfast to get my day going. A smoothie..DUH!
My smoothie choices were:
  • 2 cups of Almond Milk
  • 3-4 handfuls of Kale
  • 1 cup Blueberries & 1 cup Raspberries 
  • 1 small Banana
  • 2tbs Chia Seeds
IMG_1953
IMG_1960
I personally don’t like ice in my smoothies so I just blended that bad boy up as is.
When everything looked blended I poured it into my “sippy cup” and watched the final installment of the Real Housewives of Orange County that’s been hanging out on my DVR for a while. Why not rot my brain while cleansing my body right?
IMG_1961
All in all, the smoothie was really tasty. The ONLY complaint I had was that the kale didn’t blend enough and I ended up chewing more than I wanted towards the end..but honestly, that’s my fault for not blending it enough. I could 100% see slipping this to the kids and them having no clue that it was way good for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment