Monday, September 30, 2013

Rosemary Grilled Pork & Parmesan Kale Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

IMG_2025
Since starting this whole "clean eating movement" in my own home, I have really pushed myself to try new things that I would have never tried before. Cauliflower!? Yuck..just eat broccoli if you have to. Kale!? The heck is that!? Baked potatoes? All the fixins please!!
I had the tastebuds of a toddler..
Above is a mix of veggies that I roast in the oven and now always ALWAYS have ready in the fridge. I can take 1/2 a cup and heat it up in a small frying pan (no oil needed) and once its gotten a little crunchy on the outside, and warm on the inside, I cook an egg over easy in the same pan and rest it on top for a DELICIOUS and one of my favorite breakfasts EVER. (And I love me some breakfast!) I can have it for a snack in some lettuce cups, I can eat it for lunch or dinner as a side..It is SO good..you will have trouble finding meals to not eat it with.
Anyways, I had some extra sweet potato (I prefer to have more zucchini/tomato/squash in the mix compared to sweet potato) so I decided to do a baked potato :) I wrapped the washed/dried sweet potato in some aluminum foil with some cooking spray inside, to keep the skin from mushing, poked a few holes in it with a fork and set it in the oven at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours. Once they are done cooking (my mom taught me to stick them with a steak knife and when it goes in smooth they are good to go) take them out of the aluminum foil and let them cool so you don't burn your finger tips clean off your beautiful hands.
I spooned out the insides of the sweet potato, leaving about 1/4 of an inch still inside to keep it's shape. In the bowl with the sweet potato innards (ha) I added 1/4 a cup of shredded parmesan cheese, a little salt & pepper, 1/4 a cup of non fat greek yogurt, and some kale chips I made earlier (see my previous blog entry with the recipe for KALE CHIPS here)
IMG_2028
After I mixed everything up really well (I like to leave a few larger sweet potato chunks just for consistency preferences but there's really no wrong way to mix it up.) I spooned them back into the potato skins and popped them back into the oven..
IMG_2032
While those were browning up on top I took the thin pork loin I marinated earlier (lean meat for $2.20!? I'm not too proud for clearance meat haha).. I had put them in a ziplock baggy with a tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 a tablespoon of rosemary, and a little salt and pepper and let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
IMG_2027
Once I was ready to cook them, I heated up a grilling pan to med-high heat and cooked them until my handy dandy meat thermometer read 160 degrees.
IMG_2034
Due to my planning ahead, the pork and sweet potato skins were ready at the same time. At that point, I think we would have eaten them raw because the house smelled so good we were starving.
IMG_2036
Very very tasty & very very easy. What are you waiting for?? Get to eating! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment