Saturday, October 19, 2013

Clean Eating Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love this time of year. It's time for decorative Cinnamon Broom Sticks at Trader Joes, time for cuddling by the fire, time for sweaters, boots, and all of my favorite things. I decided that tonight was time for pumpkin cookies, and who am I to tell myself no?

For this recipe you will need:

1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 Cup Agave Nectar
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Melted..this is important)
1 Large Egg
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda 
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tbs Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

In my mixer, I added the pumpkin puree, agave nectar, and coconut oil. I mixed them together until they were blended well and THEN added the egg and vanilla extract. The coconut oil will harden as soon as it comes in contact with something like a cold egg, but if you blend it in BEFORE adding the egg, it'll keep smooth and you won't end up with chunks of coconut oil in your cookie. :) 
In another bowl, I added the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. I whisked them together to get them all mixed up.
Then I poured my flour mix into my wet pumpkin mix and turned on my mixer. 
It didn't take long to mix the dry and wet ingredients, I just used a plastic spatula to push the batter that wanted to escape up the sides back towards the center and it came out nicely.
Then I added my chocolate chips. MMM. At this point, you can add walnuts, raisins, cranberries, anything! I went simple and just did chocolate chips this time. 
Fold the chips into the batter..
I used my tbs measuring spoon as a cookie scooper and got 29 cookies from the batter :)
The batter won't spread much AT ALL. The cookies are fluffy and almost cake like. I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. (They just start to brown on top)
See. Fresh out of the oven.
I poured myself a little drink of almond milk and grabbed a couple cookies for myself. 
A chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven is JUST what I needed. 

As for nutritional information, please note that this is just an estimate. The nutritional value of your meal will vary depending on the ingredients you choose & portions you add. It should be used as a guide and not a definite.


The cookies weren't really pumpkin...y? The pumpkin was more as a fluffer for the cookie. You get a hint of the pumpkin pie type spices and then the creaminess of the chocolate chips...just....comfort treat for sure. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did! Happy eating loves!




No comments:

Post a Comment