Saturday, October 5, 2013

My son's 3rd birthday paw-ty


My 3 year old has been OBSESSED with a show on Nickelodeon called Paw Patrol. From what I understand, it is a partnership with the ASPCA and features 6 dogs and a little boy as the stars who all have their different areas of expertise (My son loves Marshall the fire dog and Chase the police dog the most.) Since the show is pretty new, they didn't have any party supplies that I could get my hands on before today's little shindig and my little one was pretty disappointed. Thankfully, they wrote me via their Facebook and had a link to some printables that I could use to really pup-up my paw-ty. Eh....eh....this thing on?
I didn't go nuts as far as my eating went, but I coordinated my cheat day to be party day so I indulged a little bit.
I printed out character party hats

 A chase birthday card for the birthday boy :)


 Little name tags for the cups, I picked up some fire fighter napkins
I wrote "doggy bag" and drew a little paw on some white lunch bags and baked up some sugar cookies in a bone cookie pan I found at Target (thank god it's almost Halloween) lol 

 Baked cupcakes for the pups
 This was my favorite..I baked a chocolate cake, transferred it to a dog bowl, iced it with chocolate icing and covered it with cocoa puffs. It looked just like a dog food bowl and the little guy LOVED it.


 Thanks to the mother in law for getting us a firetruck piñata
Pin the badge on Marshall was so fun


I got a barrel of monkeys, some hand puppet tattoos and a light up ring pop as prizes for the winners.

 Filling their doggy bags with piñata candies. 

The little one had such a blast. He was so excited to have his Paw Patrol party and kept saying "Chase is on the case!" He partied SO hard that about 30 mins after the last guest had left, and I thought he was just sitting by the ottoman, I actually stumbled upon him like this...
I would say he had a good time, wouldn't you? Thank you to everyone who helped make his day so special. There is NOTHING like seeing the light of your life positively glowing with excitement. Now...to get ready for tomorrow's 5k. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment